Kids can start to better appreciate the planet by learning something new from one of their favourite characters especially if they are into characters like Diego in the Go Diego Go episode “Rescue of Red-Eyed Tree Frogs,” or Elmo in the Sesame Street episode “The Camouflage Challenge.”
I personally enjoyed the documentaries about how to eat green and healthy as a family with our “educate yourself” farm-to-fork inspired list. I LOVE Food Inc and Vegucated is another eye opener.
For older kids why not sit down and watch as family these EarthDay hits, either way there is always something new to learn:
- The Blue Planet: A Natural History of the Oceans
- Moving Art: Oceans
- A Sea Change
- Chasing Ice
- Queen of the Sun: What Are the Bees Telling Us?
- Addicted to Plastic
- David Attenborough: Wildlife Specials
- The Hole Story
- Curious George: Mulch Ado About Nothing / Gets a Trophy
- Go Diego Go: Rescue of Red-Eyed Tree Frogs
- Bubble Guppies: Boy Meets Squirrel
- Dinosaur Train: Stargazing on the Night Train / Get Into Nature
- Sesame Street: The Camouflage Challenge
- Wild Animal Baby Explorers: Beaks and Bills / The Mighty Oak Tree
If you love doing crafts check out this EarthDay Elmo inspired craft and have fun today. Looking for a healthy green snack to snack on while watching some "Green TV", Asparagus Fries is delish!
|photo courtesy of Sweet Potato Chronicles|