Spring cleaning is not only for the home but a good time to do a internal cleanse for yourself! Genuine Health has come out with a delicious protein powder consisting of fermented vegetables. I love it because it’s Soy Free, Gluten Free and Non GMO. Bloating comes easily to me and the Genuine Health is the first fully fermented protein which contributes to a healthy gut, overall good health and is easy to digest. Benefits for me is it helps me with weight management. Now that the twins are weaned I want to get back into shape and feel and look my best this Summer, especially with my upcoming trip going back home to Winnipeg. It aids in digestion and since I don’t make fermented veggies at home I like the idea of having a smoothie version. I am a big advocate for consuming fermented veggies, the kids love pickles but it is so good for their gut and mine too. It builds immunity. It’s high in probiotics.@GenuineHealth is the first fully fermented protein which contributes to a healthy gut, overall good… Click To Tweet
Bloated, gassy indigestion and IBS are all signs of an unhappy tummy. If you are feeling any of these, there are ways to reverse it and feel better. Start following this happy gut guide and take note of how much happier and healthier your tummy will start to feel!
1) It’s all about the chew – The more chewing you do in your mouth, the easier it will be on your digestive tract resulting in less bloating around the mid-section
2) Keep processed foods to a minimum – it’s ruthless to healthy gut bacteria
3) Fermented foods – try kimchi, sauerkraut, live yogurt and for those with busy schedules fermented protein powders such as Genuine Health’s fermented vegan proteins+ makes it easy to add fermented products in your daily shakes or foods.
4) Fluids – This is key for maintaining regular movement through the digestive tract. Aim for 2 litres of fluid daily (more if you’re active)
5) Anti-oxidant rich foods – feeds healthy bacteria such as berries, broccoli, garlic, nuts, dark chocolate and wine
Since I’ve been working out with Fitness Blender, I am always looking for great snacks post work out. If you are looking for a quick and delicious snack these tasty lemon poppy seed bites are great for those always on the go. It’s also ideal to fuel your body post workout for energy and muscle repair.
How’s your year going? Have you made any plans to change your diet…07 April 2016