‘Tis the season to overindulge in all things sweet, savoury and delicious. With work parties, friendly get-togethers to numerous family dinners during the Christmas season, how does one stay on track with their diet and not get all sugar crazy?! Well here’s a nice alternative and a healthy treat for yourself and the kids. My 7yr old son loved these!
I recently stumbled upon this recipe that I will share below. It’s not your usual brownie. I even shared on Instagram asking people to guess what I was about it make.
Flourless Chocolate Chickpea Brownies
1 can of chickpeas ( I really like Eden Organics as the cans are BPA free)
1/4 cup of melted organic grass fed butter(check out Rolling Meadow & they are organic!)
2 Large eggs
1/2 maple syrup or honey
2 tsp of pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup organic unsweetened cocoa ( I love Soma Chocolatier cococa-high quality or try Orange Naturals Chocolate ND Shake. It might work!)
1/2 tsp baking powder, (gluten free if you can find)
pinch of sea salt (Himalayan sea salt)
1/4 cup of semi sweet (or dark) chocolate chips (Enjoy is a great brand!)
Preheat oven to 350F
1. Line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper, lightly coat with spray(I use an olive oil one) or use 8×8 pan for thicker brownies
2. Place chickpeas, butter, eggs, maple syrup, extract, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a food processor. cover, blend until smooth.
3. Add chocolate chips, mix my hand until blended.
4. Evenly spread batter in prepared pan
5. Bake for 25-28 min or until toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.
6. Cut into squares.
Recipe is from Fixate, pg.215
O Natural has an awesome newsletter full of health tips, tricks, recipes, and of course, real people! Just like you! Sign up here!
Don’t forget to visit the O Natural (http://www.OrangeNaturals.com/blog)
And tweet us and visit Orange Naturals on Twitter.
Disclosure: I am part of the Orange Naturals Mom Ambassador Program and I receive special perks as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.
How is everyone doing? How’s homeschooling going? I’ll be…04 December, 2015