New from the folks at Hamilton Beach is the ultimate in slow cooking. The Programmable FlexCook Slow Cooker. Set it and forget it. I love slow cooking. It’s an economic way to eat. Get a cheap cut of meat if you wish, go through the fridge and find what needs to be used before you toss it, add some broth or wine, your seasoning and you got a tasty meal. Did I mention that it’s affordable? Priced at $80 it’s a smart spin the classic slow cooker.
You can choose from 3 ways to use your new Flex Slow Cook:
~ Select first heat setting & cooking time then select second heat setting and cooking time. After cooking, Slow Cooker shifts to warm
~ Program: Select one heat setting and cooking time
~ Manual:Select high, low, or keep warm without setting a time
I made a delicious, slow cooked Beef Bourguignon from the Best of Bridge Family Slow Cooker. I also love making chicken soup in the slow cooker. It tastes so good when done slow and low. It’s a handy kitchen appliance to have.
I like that I can bring the whole ceramic dish out and place it on the table for all of us to dig in. It washes easy and it’s easy to use. What more could you want in a slow cooker? With the FlexCook you can cook at two different heat temperatures and times, Manual Mode for when you just want one heat setting, Program Mode for when you want one-time set and one heat temperature setting.
Looking for some tips on Slow Cooking?
The crock should be at least half-filled for best results. If only half filled, check for doneness 1 to 2 hours earlier than recipe time.
• Stirring is not necessary when slow cooking. Removing lid results in major heat loss and the cooking time may need to be extended. However, if cooking on HIGH, you may want to stir occasionally.
• If cooking soups or stews, leave a 2-inch (5.1-cm) space between the top of the crock and the food so that the recipe can come to a simmer.
• Many recipes call for cooking all day. If your morning schedule doesn’t allow time to prepare a recipe, do it the night before. Place all ingredients in crock, cover with lid, and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, simply place crock in slow cooker.
• Some foods are not suited for extended cooking in a slow cooker. Pasta, seafood, milk, cream, or sour cream should be added 2 hours before serving. Evaporated milk or condensed soups are perfect for slow cooking.
• The higher the fat content of meat, the less liquid is needed. If cooking meat with a high fat content, place thick onion slices underneath so meat will not sit on (and cook in) fat.
• Slow cookers allow for very little evaporation. If making your favourite soup, stew, or sauce, reduce liquid called for in original recipe. If too thick, liquid can be added later.
• If cooking a vegetable-type casserole, there will need to be liquid in the recipe to prevent scorching on the sides of crock.
• If cooking a recipe with root vegetables, place root vegetables in the bottom of the crock.
You wanna know what else I recommend from Hamilton Beach? Pop over to my post on the #HBC Challenge and see my favourite must haves. Comment below letting me know which product you like most to enter to win a Hamilton Beach Programmable FlexCook!
Canada Only, excl. Quebec, as usual check out the terms and conditions and good luck!
Hamilton Beach Programmable FlexCook Slow cooker Giveaway!
Landing Page (Automatic)